Friday, January 1, 2010

PERIPETY

In honor of Christmas and the New Year, I'm re-posting this one on PERIPETY...enjoy!!

Have you ever experienced a sudden change in events? A reversal in the normal course of action, or something that caused a shift in your direction? Maybe you learned something new that catapulted you on a fresh, inspired trajectory. This is called a Peripety.

Pronounced \pə-ˈri-pə-tē\ and defined by Websters as: a sudden or unexpected reversal of circumstances or situation, it comes from the Greek word Peripeteia and is where I find myself this Easter morning.

I am humble and thankful because I'm not who I was! Just as a fully mature tulip was once an ugly, course, dark and unexceptional bulb, I was once a different person than I am now. When I look back feelings of guilt don't corrupt me, I can look my "ugly" in the face and be thankful for my peripety.

When Jesus' loved ones went to the tomb to annoint His body with spices and oil, the grief they felt is unimaginable to us living on this side of the risen Lord. The empty tomb was the ultimate peripety, the reversal from death to life, unforgiveness to full forgiveness.

What an amazing truth of love and hope. When I accepted Jesus as the One who saved me from sin and death, my story suddenly changed. So, this Easter morning I'm swimming in the sweet fragrance of peripety, what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment