Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lifestyles of the Chick and Same-us:Introduction

I haven't written about my life raising chickens (Cornish Cross variety) over these past eight weeks. Thoughts and ideas are more manageable when an experience comes to an end...and today my life with live chickens has reached fruition, come full circle, ended.

All 17 (we lost one in the field a few days ago) are now tightly sealed in clear bags and organized like a grocery store display in my garage refrigerator. My family and I raised these chickens in our backyard, feeding them daily and watching, curiously, at their lives.

So this is an introduction to the totality of our experience which will be written in parts for you. You shouldn't anticipate anything untoward or icky, some thoughts will be nuanced...you'll still be able to drink coffee and eat your favorite snack while reading. This is just one of the things we learned Inside the Chrysalis this summer, and we want to share it with you.

Look for "Lifestyles of the Chick and Same-us" Part 1: Beginning with the End in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment