Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rain

Living in the Northwest offers many, many, many days of unending rain. Most of the time I just accept it during the Fall and Winter months as part of living here, the reason why our state is so green, making Spring and Summer amazing.

But during August, I actually find myself a little grumpy about it because my expectation is that it should be blazing hot.

Today is an August rainy day. And I'm not the least bit grumpy about it. Why?

It's all about expectations and perspective. Today I woke without any expectation of how the day should be. When I heard the rain out my window as I woke from slumber, my perspective shifted to baking cookies, candles, reading and snuggling with my family.

If only I could shed expectations from all my days and shift my perspective to embrace the moment. If only...all my days.

So, maybe I will find inspiration in the rain today. Maybe I will fully embrace this amazing miracle that falls from Heaven. As long as it doesn't fall next week when relatives will be visiting, or for the first day of school, or for my Birthday...I've got a lot of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment