Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cracks, Sags & Dimwits

The title to this blog is actually a book title I found on my husband's shelf. Being the mid-thirties woman that I am, my thoughts immediately acquired an anti-aging slant, and so I took it off his shelf thinking it had been one of my misplaced books. I quickly realized it was a book for builders and contractors, my husband the handy-man has all sorts of these. But it got me thinking about cracks and sags...

Recently, I discovered a pesky forehead crack that seems to keep getting deeper with days gone by. It is no wonder since my face is either contorted with furrowed brows toward daily conundrums, or into an attentive pose with eyebrows raised (as if I can hear better this way.) Lately, I've tried mentally telling myself to relax my forehead, but it's still there and I fear it will turn into a mocking smile.

And last year my kind husband, recognizing that I needed a break from reality, sent me to a spa. That trip is a blog all its own, but one incident fits here. My "technician" was a very-thorough and tell-it-like-it-is woman with a European accent, and I was her last facial of the day. Among other things, she noticed that my face had taken to sagging and began to slap me under my chin. I tried not to laugh at the oxymoron of my "relaxing" getaway...being slapped was not what I had in mind, but if it helps...

It is hard to know if anything peddled out there for anti-aging really works. I ran into an advertisement for Caracoal Cream, which has "snail extract" and apparently many of the top-rated spas use products with this extract in them. I don't know about you, but anything I've ever seen come out of a snail is not something I would put on my face. And what a disgusting job someone has to deliver this "special" product to us. Eeeeu (sp?).

If you know of something that really works, let me know. And if you see me without a facial expression, just know I'm not angry, I'm just trying to relax my forehead. Hopefully it won't get to a point where I start slapping myself. If you see this please stop me.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I love it! For Christmas my husband wanted to know what to get me and I said, and I quote, "A new face!!" Mid-thirties are rough, aren't they? Especially for us sun lovers ...

    I have yet to use the product which is supposed to give me my new face since it specifically warns against it if pregnant or nursing ... bummer. But at the end of the year I will be on a strict regiment, twice a day if I have to, and I'll let you know if it works. It's had good reviews at least: http://www.strivectin.com/sd/strivectinsd_1.html

    If you find something that works for YOU between now and then, let me know!!! We thirty-somethings have to stick together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I'll recommed for you!! And it doesn't have snail snot in it! :) You should try the Revelage...it's really good. I have a special thru the end of the month, Tammy. The Preferred Client accout fee will be waived ($29), which gives you 20% off. Let me know if you want to take advantage of it. So, are you a Snohomish resident yet?? Eager to hear....

    ReplyDelete