Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

This blog is about growth and transformation and so here is an update on what I'm learning to nurture this growing process, but remember before you read on...baby steps.

Yesterday was a doozy of a day, one that I wondered how I was going to make it when all I wanted to do was sleep...I'm good at this. The night before I had a minor medical situation because of some stones in my kidneys, nothing too drastic but annoying none-the-less. Anyway, I was up way past my 9:00pm bedtime dealing with that, which made yesterday a day I greeted very low on the energy radar. And so it began.

My husband had to wake me up because my new phone (actually a new replacement phone because my other one would only allow me to talk on speaker) would not let me sign in to set my alarm. So, at 6:45am I decided to "live chat" Tmobile to see if there was a solution to this problem. It turns out that I "need" data services which will let me connect to the Tmobile server at a rate of $25 per month. After much pecking away on the typewriter with the "live chat" person, Randy, Tmobile would not allow me temporary access to sign in and use a phone that I paid for. They would also not be reimbursing me for the phone that I can't use. I chatted back, "ridiculous," and clicked off at 6:50am.

Next, I had to wake the kids for school, a job in-and-of itself, while using my old phone on speaker to talk to a real person at Tmobile. Maureen said she would allow me access at a prorated rate, so I can sign in and use my phone. The Tmobile G1 is a great phone, and works without Internet access (I actually had the data services (Internet on phone) originally, but my husband said it was a bit much, and so here we are.) What I learned from that experience is that I'm much nicer talking on the phone to a person, than chatting "live." And that I will be having to write a letter to Tmobile for this ridiculous policy...what if I had an emergency and couldn't use my phone? Also, I like the word, "ridiculous."

After the phone fiasco, it was time to head out to the car. I could here all of my children laughing in the garage when they were supposed to be putting on their shoes, so I opened the door to check in on them and to my great frustration, there was a ginormous pile of, how shall I say...elimination, which they thought was the funniest thing they've ever seen. We have two dogs, a Vizsla and just a few weeks ago we acquired my sister-in-law's dog, a yellow lab. I could tell it was the job of the new lab, and sweet as she is, she looked at me as if to say, "I'm sorry. Will you please forgive me?" I learned from that experience to supervise dog feedings when three children think it is a novelty.

Now I'm at the doctor's office at 9:20am and saw a man sneeze into the bend of his elbow, give a curious look at his sleeve afterwards, and I then held my breath as I walked past him. While checking into my department, I glanced back and saw said man walking back to his seat while using a tissue to wipe his sleeve. I learned that I don't like going to the doctor's office.

Well, I know it's not much, but I told you in the beginning, baby steps. At the end of the day I always learn that I love my family more than I did yesterday, and through it all I look forward to what tomorrow will bring and pray for the grace to get through it. Even when the zoom of life gets "ridiculous."

No comments:

Post a Comment